RULESET & TWEAKS
IBJJF RULES UPDATE DOCUMENT
IBJJF TECHNICAL FOULD & ILLEGAL MOVES
RULES & TWEAKS
- IBJJF Rules
- IBJJF Weights
- Weigh-Ins are without the Gi
*STRICTLY NO WEIGHT ALLOWANCE
*You will only weigh-in once if you enter both Gi & No-Gi
- No Groin Guards
- Mouth Guards are optional
- Wrestling boots are optional in
- IBJJF Gi Size is applicable.
-IBJJF patches on Gi's is relaxed.
- Colour of clothing is relaxed.
- T-Shirt/Rash Guards under Gi is fine.
- No-Gi clothing colour is relaxed
- Competing with no top is down to the referee and also your opponents discretion.
No clothing with plastic/metal/zips etc allowed.
**ALL FINAL DECISIONS ON CLOTHING ARE THE REFEREES**
- Beginners includes White Belts only and 0-1 year experience
- Novice includes White Belts only and 0-2 years experience
- Intermediate includes Blue Belts only and 2-4 years experience
- Advanced includes Purple Belts+ and 4+ years experience
- Youth - 3 Min Rounds
- Junior & Teens - 4 Min Rounds
- Adults (18-29 Years Old) - 5 Min Rounds
- Masters (30-39 Years Old) - 5 Min Rounds
- Seniors (40+ Years Old) - 5 Min Rounds
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) Weigh-ins are without the Gi.
2) You only weigh-in once if competing in both Gi & No-Gi.
3) Strictly ZERO weight allowance.
*If you miss weight, you will be DQ'd.
**You cannot move divisions on the day.
***No further changes will be granted after deadline set for 2pm on Saturday, 18th January 2020.
4) If you find yourself in merged divisions (Gi u61.5 & No-Gi u67.5), you must weigh under your lowest weight division to still compete in both divisions.
5) You must be signed in and weighed in 60 mins before your division start time.
**E.G. IF your 1st bout of the day is 12:05pm, you must be signed in and weighed in by 11:05am at the LATEST!**
***Please cross reference your entry from the competitor lists (top of page) to your division start times (also above) as this will confirm any merges. Especially the Beginner/Novice categories.
Any and all changes need to be notified to us by Saturday, 18th January 2020 at 2pm
*NO changes will be allowed after this point under any circumstances.
**ALL requests must be e-mailed by 18th January 2020 at 2pm to email@example.com**
**If a fighter misses weight or pulls out after registering, then they will drop out of the tournament completely, no re-funds. There will be no moving divisions on the day and you will DQ'd immediately**
***Please note divisions can be merged at any point depending on entrants. We will attempt to notify where possible***